The Sunshine Award
Two writing buddies have nominated me for this beautiful Sunshine Award, an award given by bloggers to bloggers who “creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” It’s an award that brings smiles and encouragement to the recipients. To be recognized by peers is the best kind of award. Here are the two friends who nominated me. They are both excellent bloggers and merit your attention.
Ellen V Gregory, to beyond and back. Ellen writes writes about travel, books, fantasy, and Devilcat on her blog. She is an Australian, so she reads your blog while you sleep.
Mama Bear at Mauldin family Mama Bear Musings: Thoughts and Writing that have been hibernating in my Mind.
The Sunshine Award Rules:
1. Post the logo above
2. Accept the nomination and link back to the blog that nominated you
3. Answer the ten questions in this post
4. Nominate 10 blogs and inform them of the nomination
It is always an honor to accept awards from fellow bloggers. I accept these nominations and would also like to pass them on to the list of bloggers below. Sometimes receiving an aware is not always convenient because of the time it takes to answer questions, identify blogs, make the links, and notify the nominees. Regardless of whether the blogger continues to pass on the meme, check out their blogs. They are all worthy recipients of this Sunshine Award.
2. Ruby at ME, YOU AND ZU: Just a girl blogging about her dog, her crazy cats and all of life’s debacles!
4. Rgemom, Three’s a Herd. Mothering a preemie, a princess, and a work-in-progress
5. Meg Travels: mostly sunny adventures (photo blog)
6. Lingering Visions: a photo blog
9. Cassmob. Family history across the seas (Australia)
Of course, there are many more excellent bloggers around. I will nominate some of them for the Liebster award which I recently received.
Sunshine Award Questions:
1. Favorite color: yellow as in buttercups and daisy centers
2. Favorite animal: cats. Ellen likes cats, too, but Mama Bear likes…bears!
3. Favorite number(s): 4. Somehow four and yellow go together. Just don’t ask me why.
4. Favorite (non-alcoholic drink): Diet Coke with Green Tea as a second.
5. Favorite (alcoholic drink): White Merlot. Wines generally give me a headache, but I can drink this White Merlot with no problem. Recently I had a Madras (orange juice, cranberry juice, vodka on ice) at a wedding. That was nice.
6. Facebook or Twitter: Both, but Facebook is more fun and informative. My family is far-flung around the country, and Facebook helps me keep in touch with the daily happenings.
7. My passions: family, reading, writing, gardening, family, photography. Ellen said chocolate, and I must agree, but it’s chocolate-covered almonds for me.
8. Giving or receiving gifts: Both are nice. It’s nice to be surprised with a thoughtful gift.
9. Favorite city: I have been all over the world, but my favorite city is Ocean City, New Jersey. Just check out my posts, and you’ll see that I like to write about this glorious beach town. Of course, I am ready to go on a trip to anywhere at any time.
10. Favorite TV show: news programs. I don’t watch much TV because I would rather read books and my favorite blogs or write on my blog.
Thanks again for this Sunshine Award, Ellen and Mama Bear. I appreciate the recognition.