The Liebster Award Times Four
In one week in May, I received four nominations for the Liebster Award. Wow! Here, at long last, are my responses.
First, thanks to these special followers for their gracious nominations. I do appreciate your interest in my blog.
- Lynne Revette Butler Making the most of every day.
- Slightly Twisted Jane Bookishly Me.
- Ambrozya Ambro shines a light in the darkness.
- Tiny White Cottage Cottage Grove House
I wrote about the Liebster Award last year when JudytheMorgan nominated my baby blog for this honor in April of 2012. “So a person who bestows the Liebster award on someone else’s blog is showing love to another person.”
Check out this new design for the Liebster Award.
Here are the simpler rules for my first Liebster: (Note that the award has gone through various permutations over the years.)
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Copy & paste the blog award on your blog.
- Reveal your 5 blog picks.
- Let them know you chose them by posting on their blog.
This year’s rules add several items:
- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions that your tagger has asked.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Ask eleven questions for the bloggers you nominate.
None of us need extra work and answering 44 questions will take some time. Therefore, I propose that we eliminate the questions section of this award. The purpose of the award is to encourage readers to visit other newish blogs and to give encouragement through recognition. No one wants to write an overly long post, and no one wants to read one.
With all due respect to this award, I will tell 11 things about myself and nominate 11 bloggers. The 44 questions will have to wait.
11 Things about me: (This includes answers to some of the 44 questions!)
- I love cats, cats, cats.
- I am a New Jersey girl, but I have lived in Massachusetts, California, Alaska, and Hong Kong, Now I am back in NJ near my family.
- Education is my business, and I was a special education teacher, and then an elementary school principal.
- I am a life-long learner and keep my hands in education although I am officially retired.
- Yes, I have an AARP card.
- I get Senior Citizen’s discounts at Wendy’s where you can get the best chili.
- Blogging is my new favorite pastime, although I also like swimming, water aerobics, walking, photography, travel, cooking, reading….
- I sing in the Margate Community Church choir.
- Did I mention I love to travel? Anywhere, anytime. Italy, France, England, Spain. Asia. Wherever. I’m ready.
- I love daisies of any kind.
- I have been married to My-Heck-of-a-Guy (MyHOG) for almost nine years, but I have known him for over fifty years.
That’s enough about me!
Here are my 11 nominees for the Liebster Award.
- Karen at KEKE Photography. Off the Hook: thread designs by KEKE
- Cindy Sabulis: Writing’s Not For Weenies!
- Michael J. Cahill A ragged soul investigating the human condition.
- Jackie P. Change for the Better Me. Recipes and stories to help make a healthy change easier.
- Sangeeta, Life is a Vacation (photo blog)
- Michael Lai, retiree diary, a photo blog
- Scribblings from an Aspiring Author
- Michelle Wallace: Writer in Transit The journey never ends.
- Rgemom” Three’s a Herd “You can’t make this stuff up.” This blog has heart.
- J.A. Ward Writer: There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
- Jenn Scribbles: The Musings of a Writing Mom
Nominees, I advise you to do the shortened response as well, otherwise you will spend more time on this than necessary!
The Last Meow
Now we are really tired. But don’t we deserve a kitty award? We have been good, and we didn’t pester you while you worked on this post. How about it? A little measly award for us? Okay?
Hey, lookee there. A double award. Awesome.
Meow for now. =<^:^>=